Check Out 18 Would-Be Bestsellers that Weren’t!
Sure, best selling books are popular for a reason. But what about all the brilliant books that you’ve never heard of? Bestselling author and YouTube legend John Green has been thinking about some of his favorite and inspiring books that didn’t make it to the New York Times list, and thinks it’s about time they are your favorites too.
Watch the video for Green’s atypical best-of list. A written list can be found below!
1. This Bloody Mary is the Last Thing I Own by Jonathan Rendall
2. One of Us by Alice Dreger
3. Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks
4. The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green by Joshua Braff
5. Thirsty by MT Anderson
6. Boy Proof by Cecil Castellucci
7. Fly on the Wall by E Lockhart
8. The Untelling by Tayari Jones
9. The Golden Rule by Ilene Cooper
10. Show Way by Jacqueline Woodson
11. The Enormous Room by e. e. cummings
12. Regarding the Pain of Others by Susan Sontag
13. Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather
14. This Blinding Absence of Light by Tahar Ben Jelloun
15. Kendra by Coe Booth
16. The Optimist’s Daughter by Eudora Welty
17. Will You Miss Me When I’m Gone: The Carter Family and their Legacy in American Music
18. The Last Summer of Reason by Tahar Djaout