Salmon is one of the greatest superfoods on the planet, but cooking it will strike fear into the hearts of many a home cook. Until now!
Follow the simple steps to learn how you can make restaurant-quality salmon for the whole family, without fancy equipment and in as little as 30 minutes! (To see the meal prep in action, check out the video at the bottom of the page.)
1. Start by gathering your ingredients:
4 parchment bags (or long strips of parchment paper folded in half width-wise)
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
Assorted vegetables of choice
1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs of choice
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tsp white wine (optional)
2. Slice your vegetables thinly and uniformly.
3. Arrange 1 cup of prepared veggies in each parchment bag.
4. Top with salmon fillet (skin side down), herbs, seasonings, lemon juice, lemon zest and white wine.
5. Seal parchment bag by folding at the opening.
(If using parchment paper, crimp around the edges to create a sealed pocket.)
6. Place sealed bag on baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Once cooked, remove bag from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
7. Once rested, cut open and enjoy!
Still confused? See how it’s done in the video!
The Literacy Site is a place where people can come together to help children gain access to a good education. In addition to signing petitions, shopping for the cause, and staying informed about literacy and education, visitors can take just a moment each day to click on an orange button to provide books for children in need. Visit The Literacy Site and click today - it's free!